28 May 2013

Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris

Almost two weeks ago I spent five wonderful days in Paris. I had been wanting to visit again for some time now (I originally went when I was 16) but when I made plans in the fall, then in March, they all fell through. But! Paris in May is fabulous! I'm so glad I waited. For the next several days I'll share bits and pieces of my trip.

First, welcome to Notre Dame.
























We spent a long time inside and outside of the cathédrale. Though it was crowed (however, not to the same standard of Rome right now) I still somehow felt completely tranquil and at ease. The beauty and majesty of churches usually does that to me. I watched as people prayed and lit candles, knelt on their knees, read tiny devotionals, all while a mass of tourists gawked with their heads tilted up and mouths open. In the same moment I felt like both a pilgrim and a tourist. I couldn't believe the lighting in there! It was nothing like I had remembered. This truly is a stunning cathedral - the sincerest beauty is found on the inside. 

I'll be posting more on Paris soon! 

By the way, if you ever go to Paris in May or June, don't miss this

No comments:

Post a Comment