24 January 2013

Reflections + Recollections






























My life slows to an easy pace. The days are short and wet in winter in Rome. I watch the two children every weekday from 1-7:30pm, so my mornings are long and lazy. I don't rush out of bed, instead I linger and piddle around on my laptop reading blogs. I should get more into a routine. But I am LOVING having the mornings to myself, to stay in my pajamas until I have to work. I don't even feel guilty about not going out early to see bits of Rome before the tourists swarm the city. The rain keeps me captive in my little cozy flat. And I've been a willing prisoner too! 

1) my typical breakfast-in-bed served on a silver platter by me, for me. ;)
2) shelves and the trinkets I've lugged around in my baggage from one destination to the next.
3) my 'headboard'='Bon Voyage' bunting, an old map calendar I've made into a collage of Bible verses about the WORLD, and my Baltic-Sea-driftwood-souvenir that's had heads turning every time I carry it around wrapped like a bow. You should have seen me at the airport! Ha!
4-5) my newly acquired handmade genuine Italian leather shoes. January is the month to shop in Italy. Sales galore! 
6) view from my lazy winter mornings in bed


No comments:

Post a Comment